1338 - Duties of the School Physician/Nurse Practitioner
|Policy: Duties of the School Physician/Nurse Practitioner||Policy Number: 1338|
|Date of Original Policy: 07/10/2002||Date Revision Adopted: 07/08/2020|
|Reviewed by Policy Committee: 06/17/2020||Date of Next Review: 01/25/2023|
|Replacement of Policy Number:|
The School Physician shall be appointed by the Board of Education. The duties of the School Physician shall include, but are limited to, the following:
• Supervises routine examinations of school children by the school nurse practitioner to detect the presence of contagious diseases and physical defects.
• Serves as an on call member of the Committee on Special Education
• Reports to the Board on school health services;
• Coordinates scheduling for physical examinations to all students participating in interscholastic athletics
• Develops the program of health service in accordance with policies approved by the Board of Education and as directed by the Superintendent of Schools
• Conducts a medical evaluation on any employee at the request of the Board of Education.
Education Law Section 902 and 913