|Color guard, considered to be a "sport of the arts," is the interpretation of music through visual presentation of synchronized work in flags, sabres and dance. Groups are divided into classifications based on age, skill and school.
|The Jordan-Elbridge Drama Department has a strong reputation for putting on shows with amazing sets, rousing musical numbers and strong acting. Students in the Drama Club present plays/musicals in the fall and spring, and have taken home multiple Syracuse High School Theatre Awards, including one for best production in 2016. Productions over the past few years have included "Charlotte's Web," "Young Frankenstein," "Kiss Me, Kate," "Disney's the Little Mermaid" and "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."
|If you're a drummer at heart or want to join another group at JE with a proud tradition, the district offers a drumline program. Each year, the district also hosts an indoor percussion show, which attracts schools from around the region.
|The sounds of the Jordan-Elbridge Marching Eagles resonate at multiple events throughout the school year including the state championships at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. Their performances at state events will appear on the district calendar.
Opportunities in Music
|The Jordan-Elbridge music department has a proud tradition that features numerous opportunities for students. They include:
- Grades K-3 - During the school day, students participate in a variety of general music classes and activities, as well as perform in the choral program.
- Grade 4 - Students have the same opportunities as K-3 along with inclusion of our band program.
- Middle School (6-8) - Students participate in a variety of band, chorus, and general music classes.
- High School (9-12) - The High School offers multiple music classes, such as Music Theory, Music in Our Lives, Chorus, and Band. Performance opportunities on the extra-curricular level are vast.
- Students in grades 6-12 are also eligible for the Marching Band, Jazz Ensemble, Winter Drum Line, Winter Color Guard, Chamber Ensembles, Vocal Jazz, and the musicals.
Middle School Band 4-6 /
Middle School Chorus 7-8
(315) 689-8500 x3315
High School Vocal / Music Theory/
Performing Arts / Musical /
(315) 689-8500 x1127 (classroom)
or x1129 (office)
Middle School Chorus 5-6 /
General Music 5-7 /High School
(315) 689-8500 x3313 and 2608
Elementary Chorus UPK-4/
(315) 689-8500 x4111
Middle School Band 7-8
High School Instrumental /
OCC Music Theory /
Marching Band Director
(315) 689-8500 x1131