Jordan-Elbridge High School
5721 Hamilton Road,
PO Box 901
Jordan, NY 13080
Mr. Schermerhorn's Reminders
January Mid-term/Regents Schedule
Happy New Year!
In the interest of providing advanced notice, I want to make you aware that during the week of January 21, there will be changes to the schedule due to the administration of midterm and Regents exams. These changes are summarized below:
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
• Students will be dismissed at 2:15 p.m.
Wednesday, January 22, 2019; Thursday, January 23, 2019
• No regular classes will be held; students are to attend school only if they have an exam or a review class.
• Transportation pick-up times will remain the same.
• For students who have a morning exam or a morning review class and nothing in the afternoon, there will a 12:30pm bus run; otherwise, transportation drop-off times will remain the same.
• Lunch will be served from 10:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• If a student should have a Regents exam scheduled at the same time as a midterm exam, the Regents exam takes precedent.
• If there is snow day on either January 23 or January 24, the make-up day will be Friday, January 25.
• Students who attend BOCES will continue to do so on January 23 and January 24 as per their normal schedule.
• For a student who needs to take both the AP World II exam and the earth science midterm, he/she is to sit for the AP World II exam in the morning and take the earth science exam in the afternoon, beginning at 12:45 p.m. in the band room.
If at possible, I ask that you refrain from scheduling appointments for your child/children during January 23 and January 24. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
Mark Schermerhorn, High School Principal