Arrival/Dismissal Information for JE SchoolsThis year, there will be changes to the arrival/dismissal times and procedures across the district. Please note the changes below by school.
• Parents will enter the lot from Route 5;
• Vehicles will drive clockwise around the parking lot loop to have a temperature check at main door;
• Grades 1, 2, and 3 will arrive from 9:25-9:35 a.m.;
• Grades 4YP and kindergarten will arrive from 9:35-9:45 a.m.; and
• Busses will dismiss students after parent drop off at 9:45 a.m.
Dismissal: Bus transport and parent transport students will be dismissed at the same time by grade level.
• Parent pick-ups will arrive no later than 3:30 p.m.;
• Parent pick-ups will be assigned a designated area by grade level in the front parking lot;
• Grade levels will be dismissed in order - Grade 3 - 4YP;
• Once a grade level has been announced, the teacher will escort students to the buses first;
• Next, teachers will walk parent transport students on the yellow cross walk to the parking lot;
• Parents will exit their vehicle and receive their child;
• Parents will return to their car;
• Once a grade level of parents has been loaded, those vehicles will leave via Route 5;
• This will be repeated for all grades;
• In the meantime, busses will stay staged; and
• Once all parents have left and all students are on the bus, busses depart.
Staggered arrival and dismissal. Both arrival and dismissal will occur in the traffic loop adjacent to the bus garage.
• Arrival of self-transports and walkers, 8:15 a.m.
• Arrival of district transport, 8:30 a.m.
• Dismissal of grade 5 district transports, 2:36 p.m.
• Dismissal of grade 4 district transports, 2:38 p.m.
• Dismissal of self transports and walkers, 2:40 p.m.
AM ScreeningStudents who ride the bus will have their temperature screened as part of the boarding process. Self-transport students and walkers will have their temperature screened as part of the arrival process. Specifically, multiple staff members will be deployed to the traffic loop and charged with using a hand-held, non-contact thermometer to screen students in their vehicles. Cleared students will be those whose temperature is below 100.0°F, and non-cleared students will be those whose temperature is 100.0°F or higher. Non-cleared students will need to return home, participate in the district’s remote learning program, be examined by a health care provider, receive a written release, and provide a copy of said release to the school nurse prior to being eligible to resume in-person learning. Students who arrive after the start of the school day are to use the middle school entrance and they will be screened prior to proceeding to JEDIS.
Jordan-Elbridge Middle School
• Students who are driven to school by parents are asked to arrive between 8:05-8:15 a.m. and to use the parking lot in front of the bus garage. Please do not enter the bus circle.
• At 8:30 a.m., buses will unload in the circle.
• At 2:30 p.m., students who ride the bus will be dismissed; and
• At 2:40 p.m., students who are picked up by parents will be dismissed to the front of the bus garage parking lot. Parents are asked to not enter the bus circle.
Jordan-Elbridge High School
School Resource Officers will supervise students arriving at the south entrances:
• Grade 9 arrives at 7:15 a.m. and enters through the south door between the greenhouses;
• Grade 10 arrives at 7:15 a.m. and enters through the south door in the technology wing;
• Grade 11 arrives at 7:18 a.m. and enters through the south door between the greenhouses; and
• Grade 12 arrives at 7:18 a.m. and enters through the south door in the technology wing.
Students are then to report directly to their Mod 1 homeroom.
• Students who self-transport will park in the field house parking lot, arrive at 7:21 a.m. and enter through the south door between the greenhouses. Students will then have a temperature screening.
Students who are dropped off by their parents will enter through the rear gymnasium doors at 7:21 a.m. where there will be a temperature screening kiosk. If a student registers a temperature of 100.0°F or higher they will be sent home.
Note: Late arrivals will be screened at the high school main office entrance.
Mod 8 will end at 1:35 p.m. and each grade will be dismissed following the staggered bell schedule:
• Grade 9 will be dismissed at 1:32 p.m.
• Grade 10 will be dismissed at 1:34 p.m.
• Grade 11 will be dismissed at 1:36 p.m.
• Grade 12 will be dismissed at 1:38 p.m.
Students are to go directly to their bus, vehicle or parent pick-up area.