COVID testing available for students and staff
Onondaga County, Upstate Medical University and Nascentia Health is offering COVID-19 symptomatic testing to students and staff. The testing site is open Monday-Friday and will expand hours to meet the demands of the community.This will be saliva based testing with an average turnaround time of 24-36 hours. Results will be available through an online portal. Information regarding the portal will be provided following the testing process. Any child under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult who is able to provide parental consent. All tests require registration by calling the Upstate Medical COVID Hotline at 315-464-2582 and selecting option #4.
Please follow these guidelines for testing: Students and employees MUST pre-register for a test; employees should not eat or drink anything, including chewing gum; mints or lozenges, within 30 minutes of reporting, and should not have brushed their teeth or used mouthwash within the past three hours; and Employees must abstain from smoking, vaping, or using smokeless tobacco products for 30 minutes prior to the test
Additional COVID testing information
- COVID-19 hotline. 315-464-3979.
- Water Street drive up testing site is said to be the fastest in Onondaga County. 315-464-2778.
In order to receive a test at the Water Street drive up testing site, you need to make an appointment by calling this number. Pre-operation patients and symptomatic individuals are given priority over those just wanting to be tested. They say results could take up to 72 hours, but right now they have experiencing 12-24 hour response times. When you schedule an appointment, you need to have your insurance information and information on all those who need to be tested. They will ask you if you want to set up an account through MyChart at Upstate. Results of the testing will be posted to this account, so you can receive your results faster.
- For more COVID testing sites, go to:
- Walgreens, 2616 Brewerton Road, Mattydale. (315) 455-5641
- Pulaski Urgent Care, 3858 NY-13, Pulaski. (315) 298-2273
- WellNow. https://wellnow.com
Cayuga County Sites
- Finger Lakes Medical Urgent Care Center. 303 Grant Ave., Auburn. 315-258-7100
- Urgent Care of Auburn. 37 West Garden St., Suite 105. 315-252-0000
- WellNow Urgent Care Center. 271 Grant Ave. Auburn. 315-704-6097
- Finger Lakes Health, Urgent Care. Geneva. 315-781-2000