Final Exam InformationMay 13, 2021
Dear Parents & Guardians of Jordan-Elbridge High School:
The end of the school year is fast approaching, and I want to thank you for your continuing support during this school year.
The administration of local final exams during regular school days will be held in the areas of Math, English, Social Studies, Science and Spanish. These exams will begin on June 2nd and conclude on June 16th. Times will be coordinated as such so students are not taking exams straight through the school day. Only four Regents Exams will be administered after the last day of classes, which is Wednesday, June 16th. The four Regents Exams are: English 11, Algebra I, Living Environment and Earth Science. The logistics are as follows:
- Teachers will communicate directly with students about the dates and times of finals and review sessions.
- If possible, please refrain from scheduling appointments during final exams.
- Students are expected to take all final exams and have 100% attendance during this time frame.
- Remote students must use a school issued device, have their cameras on and take their exams at the designated times assigned by their teachers.
- Starting on Thursday, June 17, students are to attend school only if they have a Regents Exam or if they are participating in a review session.
- All students are to report directly to the gymnasium for their Regents Exam or location for their review class.
- In keeping with state regulations, all students taking a Regents Exam will be asked to turn over all electronic devices; said items will be returned to students upon their exit from the testing area.
- There will be no breakfast served. You may bring a drink and/or a snack.
- If you need transportation on the morning of your test, please call the high school main office at 315-689-8510 x 1002.
- Drop-off time will be 7:30 a.m. and pick-up time will be 11:00 a.m.
- The drop–off and pick-up location will be at the north events entry.
- There will be an 11:00 a.m. bus run for students who need transportation home following the morning testing block.
- Students are expected to take the corresponding Regents Exam as the exam will be used as a local final.
- Remote students may come to school to take their Regents Exams.
- Remote students taking the exam virtually must have their cameras on and take their Regents Exam at the designated time assigned by their teacher.
- Students earning course credit who do not take the test will have an E (Exempt) recorded on their transcript.
- Once students receive their exam scores they will have the option if they want the score to appear on their transcript or have an E (Exempt) on their transcript.
Thursday, June 17 - English 11, 7:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
Tuesday, June 22 - Living Environment, 7:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
Wednesday, June 23 - Algebra 1, 7:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
Thursday, June 24 - Earth Science, 7:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
Should you have any questions, please call the main office.
Mr. Mark Schermerhorn
High School Principal