5260 - Grant Writing
|Policy: Grant Writing||Policy Number: 5260|
|Date of Original Policy: 12/03/2003||Date Revision Adopted: 10/14/2020|
|Reviewed by Policy Committee: 09/16/2020||Date of Next Review: 04/26/2023|
|Replacement of Policy Number:|
The Jordan-Elbridge Central School District recognizes that grants can provide important support for district goals, policies and benchmarks.
Staff, Parent and/or Community based groups/organizations who wish to apply for grants for the purpose of supporting a specific school program or goal are encouraged to do so, as long as the grant is consistent with district goals and benchmarks.
Grants are monies that are used to provide programs or services that promote district goals and benchmarks, other than by taxation or through charges of the Board of Education, for, by, or in the name of the school, student body, or any subdivision thereof.
Staff, Parent and/or Community based groups/organizations who wish to apply for grants to achieve district goals and benchmarks must follow these guidelines:
2. Submit a copy of the grant application or proposal in advance to the Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee for prior approval. (Any use of the name of the school district, or any language suggesting that the district has endorsed, sponsored or otherwise approved of the grant, must have prior written approval by the Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee).
3. Seek advance approval for any use of school facilities and/or equipment, following procedures outlined in Board of Education Policy.
4. Avoid interference of previously scheduled approved district activities.
5. Understand and respect the authority of district employees in the administration of their duties.
6. There will be no commitment on the part of the Board of Education for continuation of program upon termination of grant funding source.
7. The Superintendent must identify the district’s terms and conditions of accepting such grants, and seek the Board’s official approval before accepting or publicly announcing any contribution.
8. Grant checks must be made payable to the Treasurer of the Jordan-Elbridge Central School District.
9. All grant monies must be used in accordance to the approved grant stipulation(s) and applicable guidelines.