HS Title One Family Engagement Math Skills
Resources for Parents & Students
Skill Building: IXL.com (school would need to buy subscription and provide student login)
Reteach a Lesson: emathinstruction.com; khanacademy.org
Fun Games for Practice: Kahoot.com; mathisfun.com
Additional Worksheets (Extra Concept Practice): math-aids.com; kutasoftware.com
Graphing Calculator Skills: education.ti.com
Paid Resources: algebra-class.com; thattutorguy.com
For your Phone
iPhone: Calculator X - FREE basic app ($4.99 for full TI-84 use)
Android: Wabbitemu – Full graphing calculator use
Additional Teacher Support
Eagle Mod is offered every day (except Wednesday) from 2:18 - 2:50 p.m.
This is an opportunity for students to seek out homework help and take advantage of small-group extra practice with their teacher.
Learning Lab is offered every Tuesday and Thursday from 3-5 p.m. in the High School Library.
Transportation is provided.
How to Help Your Child with Homework
1. Find a quiet place to sit with no distractions.
2. Turn off your cell phone!
3. Ask your child to get out his homework, class notes, and text book.
4. Take a look at the class notes to see if you can figure out the steps used to solve the problems. If the class notes are not very clear, then take note of the topic being studied. (For example, is the topic solving equations? What type of equations? Look for key words in the notes.)
5. Ask your child what they remember doing in class.
6. If you too are lost and don't understand the lesson, then you may need to go back to the beginning of the unit and go through each lesson building up to the skill your child is working on. It may take a little more time, but in the end you'll have a stronger foundation and it will all make sense. (Use one of our resources.)
7. Now that you and your child have a better understanding of the concept, have your child try to complete the homework. You could also have your child "teach you" how to solve the problems as he/she completes the homework. Whenever you "teach" the concept, you gain a better understanding yourself!