1335 - Appointment and Duties of the Internal Claims Auditor
|Policy: Appointment and Duties of the Internal Claims Auditor||Policy Number: 1335|
|Date of Original Policy: 07/10/2002||Date Revision Adopted: 07/08/2020|
|Reviewed by Policy Committee: 06/17/2020||Date of Next Review: 01/25/2023|
|Replacement of Policy Number:|
Appointment and Duties of the Internal Claims Auditor
The Board may appoint an internal claims auditor who shall hold the position subject to the pleasure of the Board. No person shall be eligible for appointment to the office of internal claims auditor who shall be:
• A member of the Board
• The clerk or treasurer of the Board
• An official of the District responsible for business management
• The purchasing agent
• Clerical personnel directly involved in accounting and purchasing functions.
Valid claims against the District shall be paid by the Treasurer only upon the approval of the Internal Claims Auditor. The internal Claims Auditor shall:
• Substantiate receipts or other revenues or expenditures;
• Meet such other requirements as may be established by the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education and/or the Comptroller of the State of New York.
Education Law Sections 1709 (20-a) and 2526a